Introductory Meditation Course
Commences Wednesday 2 September 2020 @ 6.30-7.30pm
Have you ever wanted to learn Meditation, but didn’t know where to begin?
Maybe you thought you needed some special skills to start, but the truth is you don’t. You just need the will to learn, an open mind, your body and breath.
Meditation is one of my most favourite techniques to teach, because I have seen what a dramatic impact it has had on my own life and I love to share all that it has to offer, in the hope that you will also experience its many benefits.
This 6-week course is designed for absolute beginners, or for those wishing to gain a better understanding of Meditation or to deepen their practice.
You will be introduced to the foundations of Meditation and the concepts around why we Meditate and what you will gain from a consistent Meditation practice. You will also learn how to Meditate, starting slowly and incrementally building up in each class.
There will be Q&A’s at the end of each class, so you’ll always have time to ask anything you need clarity on.
At the completion of the 6-weeks you will have developed an understanding of how Meditation can benefit your life as a powerful tool for transformation, or simply as a great way to slow down your monkey mind. You will experience how deep relaxation arises from concentration, focus and physical attention to detail and you will have the skills to continue to meditate each day on your own, building up to a personal home practice.
- Why Meditate? Introduction to the benefits of Meditation
- Breathing practice to help your focus and concentration
- Concentration technique (Pre Meditation)
- How to sit for Meditation
- How to Meditate
- What to do when you are mentally distracted
- What to do when you are physically uncomfortable.
- Awareness of Meditation as a way of living in the Present moment
- Why every moment is a moment to Meditate
- Meditation Practice
- Discussing different types of Meditation
- Walking Meditation
- Seated Meditation in stillness
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) to calm your mind, reverse stress and improve concentration
- How Yoga & Meditation are related and why you can’t practice one without the other
- Yoga Nidra – Meditation
- Starting a home Meditation practice
- Meditation practice
- Where to go from here?
Register to attend by investing in your mental health and wellness
$175 (includes GST)